Preface to article below:
I like Mr Joel Rosenberg, please don’t misunderstand. While I do not know him personally and only through his writing and speaking I see him from what I do know as a very sincere, caring man who is a Jew professing to be a born anew Christian and working for the Lord Jesus Christ and for our Father, God Almighty.
But Mr. Rosenberg is deluded as are most living in this world.
Spoiler alert — here are the last two sentences of Mr. Rosenberg’s article below:
“Israel would be wise to keep our eye on the Iran threat and build a regional security alliance with our Arab neighbors capable of protecting us and them. This — not another Gaza war — could bring real peace and security.”
I find it mind boggling in some regard, incomprehensible that men and women professing to be Bible literate and not only Bible literate but true followers of God our Father and Jesus Christ the Lord could be so blinded and worldly in their views regarding Israel, the Middle East, Islam, Arabs, Persians, Biblical truths and prophecy and the known unchangeable history of the Holy Bible. Many opting to pursue and believe the lie that there can come to the Middle East and Israel a secure and lasting peace.
THERE NEVER WILL BE PEACE FOR ISRAEL. EVER. This all began with one family back in Genesis. I’ve written about this numerous times. Mr. Rosenberg and EVERY true Jew and EVERY true Christian ought to know the history, the story by heart!
The angel of the Lord found her [Hagar]by a spring of water in the wilderness, the spring on the way to Shur. And he said, “Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from and where are you going?” She said, “I am fleeing from my mistress Sarai.” The angel of the Lord said to her, “Return to your mistress and submit to her.” The angel of the Lord also said to her, “I will surely multiply your offspring so that they cannot be numbered for multitude.” And the angel of the Lord said to her, “Behold, you are pregnant
and shall bear a son. You shall call his name Ishmael, because the Lord has listened to your affliction.
He shall be a wild donkey of a man, his hand against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he shall dwell over against all his kinsmen.”
Genesis 16:7-12 — English Standard Version
The above link is merely one place to begin your study. The main points of the article in the link is the beginning of the conflict in the Middle East. Genesis is the best starting point of study in which to branch out from. And I strongly urge self-study begin on this subject if not that familiar or one adhering to the worldly doctrines and dogmas of why it all is, what it all is and how some man can bring peace and security to Israel and the Middle East. Beware of any and all who say such.
While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
1 Thessalonians 5:3 — English Standard Version
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1 Thessalonians 5:3 — King James Version
I put my belief, my trust, my faith in every word, every jot and tittle of God’s word. Not in any words of any man unless that man is praying for, receiving, and preaching upon the word of God in context to these matters. Worldly knowledge is foolishness. Biblical knowledge is true security and true knowledge.
Pray for spiritual wisdom, pray for wisdom and understanding from God our Father and He will give it to you as He deems it to be measured out to each of us.
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
James 1:5 — English Standard Version
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
James 1:5 — King James Version
Every man, every woman who comes forward and makes the claim of being able to bring a lasting and secure peace to Israel and in the Middle East is a deluded liar. There never has been and never will be a secure and lasting peace between the offspring of Abraham, Sari [Sarah] and Hagar. Ever. And it all began right there in history. Right there in Genesis.
Please, I implore you, study further on your own. Learn the truth if you don’t know it. Learn the history if you are unaware. Take it to heart and do not become lulled deceived by any words of any modern man or woman regarding peace in the Middle East, that the offspring of Ishmael will ever be content to sit peaceably forever with their brothers from Isaac. Ever.
And while I do like Mr. Rosenberg he does no one any good by putting forward the myth, the lie that a secure peace can ever be met out between Israel, the Jews and their Middle Eastern Arab and Persian brothers.
What the world has known and viewed for millennia and is the most important story on earth, other than that of Jesus Christ and the salvation afforded to those who believe and take up their cross and serve and follow Him is the constant, on-going family feud taking place in the Middle East, in and around the land of Israel, God’s promised land, God’s holy city of Jerusalem.
Wake up to those who slumber and reside in darkness and delusion! Wake up and know the truth. Learn the history. And apply it to your daily life. This can be a vehicle in which to witness for the Lord and to reveal the truth of Scripture to those unbelieving, or those professing to believe but living on watered down milk and only portions, tidbits of Scripture blind to it all.
Israel and her neighbors, her brethren from Ishmael surround her and there will always be conflict. There will always be insecurity. There will always be skirmishes, battles and out and out wars.
Even the short peace treaty Israel will eventually sign with the Antichrist will be a delusion, a coverup, a mere lull before more war — the greatest and last war this world will truly see right before the Lord Jesus Christ returns for the Second Time.
Be not afraid. Place all your trust in God our Father and in Jesus Christ our Lord, the Lamb of God.
If God does not fear and is all powerful, all knowing and we profess to be His then why do we fear? Or allow the words and ways of the world to hold sway with us over the words and ways of the Lord?
Thursday, November 15th, 2018
Gaza Aftershocks: Hamas fires 460 rockets. Netanyahu chooses cease-fire rather than invasion. Israeli Defense Minister resigns. Now, early elections look imminent. Here’s the latest.
Joel C. Rosenberg
(Jerusalem, Israel) — It’s been a dramatic week here in the Holy Land. But buckle up. Far more drama lies ahead. Here are the highlights, followed by some analysis.
- An Israeli special forces unit conducting a secret operation in the Gaza Strip is spotted by Hamas terrorists.
- A fire-fight ensues.
- An Israeli lieutenant-colonel is killed and several other IDF operators were wounded. Seven Hamas terrorists are also killed.
- Hamas unleashes a rocket barrage the likes of which Israel has never seen before.
- The terrorist group, the Palestinian arm of the Muslim Brotherhood, fires 460 rockets at Jewish civilians in southern Israel in less than 24 hours.
- Never have so many rockets been fired at Israel in a single day — at times, they are being fired one per minute.
- Thankfully, the Iron Dome system shoots down many of the incoming rockets. Others fall harmlessly in empty fields, but some do real damage.
- By God’s grace, no Israelis are killed.
- However, 108 Israelis are hospitalized due to injuries, anxiety and shock.
- The IDF retaliates with air strikes, hitting 160 Hamas targets.
- Then, to everyone’s surprise, both sides accept a cease-fire that was negotiated behind the scenes by the Egyptians and the United Nations.
- The rockets stop falling. The IDF stops retaliating.
- Hundreds of thousands of Israeli parents, children and elderly re-emerge from bomb shelters, and “normal” life slowly begins again.
- Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman resigns from the government to protest Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s decision to accept the cease-fire.
- “What happened yesterday, the ceasefire, together with the deal with Hamas, is a capitulation to terror. There is no other way of explaining it,” Liberman says. “What we are doing right now is buying quiet for a heavy price with no long-term plan to reduce violence toward us….Our response was drastically lacking to the 500 rockets fired at us.”
- Netanyahu in not apologetic for accepting the cease-fire, saying Hamas “begged for a cease-fire, and they know very well why.”
- “Leadership is not doing the easy thing,” Netanyahu says. “Leadership is doing the right thing, even if it’s difficult.”
- Right-wing Education Minister Naftali Bennett demands to be named Defense Minister, saying if he does not receive this position he and his political party will also resign the government.
- At present, elections aren’t scheduled until November 2019. But speculation is now rampant throughout the Israeli media that early elections are all but inevitable.
- With the departure of Liberman and his party, Netanyahu has a coalition of only 61 of the 120 seats in the Knesset (parliament). If Bennett leaves, and Netanyahu cannot find a party in the opposition to join his coalition, the government will fall and snap elections will be triggered.
- Many Israelis — especially those who live in the south near the Gaza border — are angry at Netanyahu and the government for agreeing to a cease-fire too quickly. They want the IDF to bombard Hamas far more heavily. Some are calling for the IDF to invade the Gaza Strip and crush Hamas once and for all.
- My heart goes out to all those in the south who are exhausted by the Hamas attacks and want this conflict to be over and done with. I’m praying that a true and lasting calm and stability can be established for them, as well as for the Palestinians in Gaza who are suffering terribly under the wicked tyranny of Hamas.
- That said, let’s keep a few things in mind:
- First: Despite 460 rockets, not a single Israeli died in the attacks. (Sadly — and ironically — a Palestinian from the West Bank who was working in Ashkelon was killed by one of the rockets.)
- Second: Hamas knows they cannot defeat the IDF via conventional warfare. Instead, they are trying to use rocket fire to lure the IDF into a bloody ground war in the Gaza Strip. During such a war, many Palestinians would die. This would make headlines around the world. Israel would be roundly condemned and Hamas hopes to win the war for public opinion.
- Third: An invasion of Gaza would lead to the death of many Israeli soldiers. To what end? Having evacuated from Gaza in 2005, Israel does not want to re-occupy the Strip. Should Israel lose Jewish lives, and suffer international condemnation, in order to help the Palestinian Authority re-take control of the Strip? Is that in Israel’s interest?
- Fourth: True, there are no easy, simple answers here. But getting lured into a ground war in Gaza under the current circumstances is unwise. Could circumstances change, necessitating a ground war? Yes. But we’re not there now. Yes, Hamas is a problem. But they are not an existential threat. Iran, however, does pose such a threat. Israel would be wise to keep our eye on the Iran threat and build a regional security alliance with our Arab neighbors capable of protecting us and them. This — not another Gaza war — could bring real peace and security.